9/18/2009

We're Here







Alaska air transported me to The Land Of Oz. I was greeted by Olivia De’Orca “Ollie” the whale. She is the conference mascot. She and Seattle Conference Committee Member Janet Wilson presented my mom and me with beautiful pink, purple, orange and yellow flowers in an old style popcorn bag vase. It was amazing as I had on the exact same colored floral blouse and I am a BIG movie buff. Janet and I have been friends since Dallas 1997 (I told a story about that conference earlier in this blog) and I first met Ollie in Las Vegas when she came to the Las Vegas Women Street Survival class earlier this year in spring.
Be on the look out for photo opportunities with Ollie throughout the conference. You can also take Ollie home with you as their will be many Ollies dressed in various colored conference hoodies available for purchase.
The IAWP Board of Directors (BOD) will be arriving throughout the day as we begin our Fall Board Meeting tomorrow at the Westin. The BOD meets twice a year to handle the business of this association. Our Spring Board meeting was held in Lexington, Kentucky in April of this year.
Please make time to attend Regional Meetings on Monday September 21, 2009 at 5:15pm. You will be able to meet your Regional Coordinator who is your representative on the BOD. You will also be able to meet other IAWP members from your region and to network with other law enforcement professionals from within your region.
On Tuesday September 22, 2009 the Annual General Meeting will be held at 4:15pm-6pm. If you have never attended a General Membership Meeting now would be the time to plan to be there.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment